Please keep this sheet in the lectern drawer
Using cps at Lectern Computer
Tech-support: email@example.com, (see also Sec. I.4)
System hardware maintenance: Kurt Bartelmehs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Before class: Set up the Verbal-Question bar: (Projector on & PC is selected).
· Go to your class-icon in MyDocuments/cpsfiles/``your name”.
· Open cps: Doubleclick the class-icon to display the “Engage-bar”. *
· Click "Verbal" to display Verbal Question bar” (vq-bar).**
It is now ready for Q/A cycles.
If a window covers the vq-bar, hold Alt-key, tap Tab-key as many time as needed to step to vq-bar.
The 4-step Q/A cycle during class:
step1: Start a response session: Select “MC-range”. (A-B, or A-C, etc.) Grid is shown. To expand/reduce the Grid size, click "Grid".
step2: End the response session: Click “End”. (A histogram is displayed.)
step3: Input correct answer: Select “correct answer” or leave it on “none (subjective)”.
step4: End the cycle: Click "Close" at lower right corner below histogram.
Repeat Q/A cycles as many times as needed.
At the end of the class:
· Click“close” to close vq-bar. The Engage-bar appears.
· Click the red “Exit cps” closes the Engage-bar, and exits cps. Session ends and a Template Lesson Excel file is created in the instructor folder.
* The default mode of your class is set to "quick-start", "auto-download cps-roster". If this is not working properly please contact email@example.com.
** Options on vq-bar. Defaults are:
1) Show pads have responded,
2) Autostart the question,
3) Show correct answer,
4) Show histogram automatically.
Vary the time interval for the response (feedback) grid to optimize the pace.