PIRA 1D60.20 Projectile Motion: Simultaneous Fall
The image shows demonstration used at the University of Texas at Austin.
Instructions / Notes:
- The apparatus shoots two ball simultaneously.
- One of balls will have a horizontal trajectory.
- The second ball does a straight drop downward.
- Lift bar to release the balls.
- Listen for the sound of the balls striking the pans. Only one clank
should be heard.
Demo Staff: The ring stand needs to be clamped to the table.
Close up to show the balls loaded & the spring launcher in the cocked position.
- Last updated on 2023 - University of Texas at Austin - All Rights Reserved -