PIRA 1D60.30 Projectile Motion: Monkey and Hunter
Photo of the Demonstration Apparatus used at the University of Texas at Austin
Instructions / Notes:
- To Faculty:The gun will already be cocked and the power supply turned on.
- Insert metal shaft on the Troll's head into the electromagnet - and - load the orange bullet - just before shooting.
- Pull the string located on the rear release mechanism to shoot a bullet towards the troll.
- The gun is aimed at the monkey, when you shoot the monkey jumps from
the tree, but you still hit it.
- (There is a video of this demo in use at the bottom of this web page.
Reset Instructions for Demo Office - and - faculty, if need be.
STEP 1 - Start with the spring loaded swinging U-shaped arm that crashes into the front trigger.
- Move the swinging u-shaped arm to the rear. - Then lift up on the rear release lever/latch that has a string attached to it.
- The rear release lever/latch prevents the spring loaded U-shaped arm from swinging forward.
STEP 1 - CONTINUED.
- When the spring loaded u shaped swinging arm is set, - you'll be able to clearly see the front trigger - (see below).
STEP 2 - SETTING THE PLUNGER & FRONT TRIGGER.
- While pulling back gently on the front trigger, pull the plunger rearward until 4 or 5 holes appear on the plunger shaft - see below.
- Notice the alignment of the holes on the shaft. - The top of the holes need to aligned so they are pointed upward.
Video of the Apparatus used at the University of Texas at Austin
- Last Updated 02/2018 - All Rights Reserved - UT Austin Physics Dept. -