PIRA 1D60.40 Throwing Arm Model
The image shows demonstration used at the University of Texas at Austin.
- To model the muscle movement needed for throwing a ball, pull the white rope upward.
- A dynamic and static model for the contraction and release of muscles in an arm when
undergoing a throwing motion.
- Ensure the demo is clamped the table.
- Rubber rope should already be tied on the "elbow" in order to avoid collision of the arm into the table.
- White rope should be tied and going through pulleys (as shown in the picture).
- Adjust the "wrist" to properly hold the ball.
- Last updated on 2023 - University of Texas at Austin - All Rights Reserved -