PIRA 1H10.10 Action and Reaction: Push Me/Pull Me Carts
Instructions / Notes:
- Demonstration includes two massive skateboards, an 8 foot rope and a 15 lb. medicine
- This demonstration provides an excellent opportunity for student participation
- The first variation of the demo has two students on two carts separated
by about 6 to 8 feet.
- Have the two students stand or kneel on the carts -and - grasp the ends of the rope.
- Have only one student at a time pull on the rope. Observe that they
- A second variation is two have both carts together and have one student
push off a second student.
- A third variation is two have the carts close together and have the
two students throw the medicine ball to each other.
Last Updated 2/27/2018 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept.
- All Rights Reserved.