PIRA 1Q50.20 Gyros: Bicycle Wheel Gyro
Photo shows the demo apparatus used by the University of Texas at Austin
Instructions / Notes:
- This gyro is large enough for the students to see clearly and moves
slowly enough to follow.
- Start the bicycle wheel spinning in the provided spinner.
- Caution: Getting the rope caught in the wheel will ruin the rest of your day.
- Precession begins to occur immediately.
- This demo is best shown with 1Q50.30 - MITAC motorized gyro, which also shows precession.
Last Updated 3/99 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept. - All Rights Reserved