PIRA 1Q50.30 Gyros: Motorized
Click on your browser's back button to return to the Demo Master
Photo Shows the Demonstration used by U.T.at Austin
Instructions / Notes:
- There is a choice of two motorized gyros.
- Shown above are the Cenco Gryo on the left and the Mitac Gyro on the right.
These gyros are large enough for the students to see clearly and move slowly
enough to follow.
- Demo Staff: The MITAC comes with a 50 gram mass on a hook to start the gyro precessing.
- With the Cenco Gryro, a separate electric spinner is used to start the gyro
- Positioning of the weight on the Cenco gyro, which can be tricky, controls the direction of precession.
- Bumping the Cenco or Mitac gyro downward should cause a brief period of nutation.
Last Updated 3/99 - The University of Texas at Austin Physcis Dept - All Rights