PIRA 2B40.60 - Density and Bouyancy: Hydrometers in Different Liquids
Photo Shows the Demonstration Used by the University of Texas
Instructions / Notes:
- A hydrometer is placed in a graduated cylinder with water and then in a salt solution.
- Ideally a goose-neck tv camera should be used with this demonstration.
- Two graduated cylinders and two hydrometers are provided.
- The demo shows the difference in bouyancy of an object in salt water versus fresh water.
- Demo Staff: When putting away the demo, the saline solution needs to recycled into its storage bottle for reuse.
Last Updated 6/99 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept. -
All Rights Reserved.