PIRA 2B60.60 - Hovercraft
Photos Show the Demonstration of the Hovercraft Demo (also referred to as the Trevorcraft, since it was built by Trevor!) Used by the University of Texas
Instructions / Notes:
- This demo uses rechargeable batteries for the leaf blower, and they may not be charged at a given time. So please request ahead of time allows us to properly charge them!.
- Place the blue side of the hoverboard flat on the ground and insert the leaf blower into the board.
- By holding the button down on the leaf blower, the hovercraft will "float" above the ground.
- A TA or student can push the person on the hovercraft, showing how easy it is to move above the ground.
- For those using the hovercraft, try to keep all of your mass above the screw in the center, putting your legs in the black circle. Sitting with your legs crossed or valuing on your knees is recommended.
- When the hovercraft is pushed, try to lean in the opposite direction to the motion, which should help prevent the hovercraft from stopping.
Last Updated 2023 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept. -
All Rights Reserved.