PIRA 2C20.35 - Bernoulli Force: Ball and Funnel
Instructions / Notes:
- Turn on the air valve under the lecture bench.
- Hold the ping-pong ball in the funnel and release it. It experiences lift and remains near the top.
- Air flows between the funnel and the ping-pong ball.
- Bernoulli’s Principle: the higher the velocity, the lower the pressure.
- This can be seen by the upper part and the sides of the ping-pong ball experiencing lower
pressure, and it being suctioned within the funnel.
Demo Staff Notes:
- Connect the demonstration to the air valve under the lecture bench
Last Updated 2023 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept. - All Rights Reserved.