PIRA 2C30.20 - Heart Pump Simulator
Photo Shows Demonstration Used at U.T. Austin
- The blue valve on the plastic tube should be horizontal (closed), open by turning it vertically.
- The water should drain into the first canister. If there are bubbles in the tubing, squeeze the blue
bulb to clear them out.
- To demonstrate the pumping mechanism of the heart, squeeze the blue bulb.
- This model demonstrates the valves in the heart that maintain the one-way blood flow.
- Arteries can adapt to and change with the varying hemodynamic conditions.
- Displays fluid dynamics and organic pumping mechanisms. Pressure within the tubes increases
when the bulb is pumped, which causes the flow rate to increase as well, pushing the fluid
through the tubes to expel into the graduated cylinder.
- Before transporting the demo, ensure all of the liquid is dispensed into the top chamber to avoid
- Be careful when picking up as most of the weight is on one side.
Last Updated 2024 - University of Texas at Austin Physics
Dept. - All Rights Reserved.