- Driven Mechanical Resonance: Torsion Pendulum (Leybold/Pohls Torsion Pendulum)
Photos Show the Demo Apparatus Used at the University of Texas
Instructions / Notes:
Oscillation system consists of a rotating wheel driven by motor
- The larger of the two wheels drives a
rod which is connected to a small second wheel.
- A torsion spring is mounted to the same axle as the small wheel.
- Exciter frequency ranges from 0 to 1.3 Hz
- The torsion spring oscillator has a natural frequency that is approximately .5 Hz
- This demonstration takes a full minute or two to reach full resonance.
A stop-watch is available by special request.
Last Updated 4/2017 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept.
- All Rights Reserved