PIRA 3B22.60 Square Wave
Click the back button of your browser to return to the Master List
Picture shows demonstration used at the University
of Texas at Austin
Instructions / Notes:
- Hold the square wave from side corner and gently twist, flick, and spin it to observe different waves.
- It can also be hung from a ring stand.
- Sinusoidal wave pattern can be seen in the center.
- The longer rods have more potential energy, and the short rods have more kinetic energy, causing them to move slower and faster respectively.
- Faculty: Request a ring stand and demo camera for it to be seen better by larger classes.
Last Updated 2022 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Department - All Rights Reserved.