PIRA 3B27.20 Wave Motion: Wave Superposition Model
Click your browser's back button to return to the Demo Master List.
Photo of University of Texas at Austin's Demonstration
Instructions / Notes:
- The demo consists of a sinusoidal wave model which has a series of red beads that are able to slide on vertical rods to interact with a second wave in the form a sliding template.
- One of the provided sliding wave forms is of the same wavelength and amplitude of the series of red beads at the top.
- The amplitude of the top wave form varies depending upon the degree that the bottom wave form is in or out of phase with the starting point of the red beads at the top.
- Faculty: - SLOWLY SLIDE THE LOWER WAVE FORM INTO ITS GROOVE -
- A second sliding wave form is provided, which has a wavelength and amplitude that is one half of the original.
Last Updated 2/13 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Department - All Rights Reserved