PIRA 3B55.10 Interference and Diffraction of Sound: Speaker Bar
Picture shows demonstration used at the University
of Texas at Austin
Instructions / Notes:
- The demonstration used be call the "Young's Acoustical Double Slit".
- Two audio loudspeakers are mounted at the ends of a table that can be rotated.
- The speakers are driven through an amplifier by a function generator.
- A set of Moire patterns are provided - which can be displayed on the doc cam.
- The Pasco function generator, shown below, needs to be set to 880 Hz before leaving the classroom.
Picture shows the rear of the demonstration
Last Updated 05/19 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Department - All Rights Reserved.