PIRA 4B20.20 Hand Boiler
Click your browser's back button to return to the Demo Master List.
Photo of University of Texas at Austin's Demonstration
Instructions / Notes:
- Use the warmth of your hand on the flat base of the demo to "boil " the liquid inside.
- Methyl chloride in a glass tube is used to demonstrate temperature and pressure relationships of gas.
- As temperature rises in the closed container, pressure rises as well.
- The "boiling" of the liquid is the result of pressure differences between the lower and upper chamber of the boiler.
- Expanding gas bubbling in the liquid gives the appearance of boiling.
- It's recommended you order the demo camera with this demo so it can be seen by all students.
Last Updated 2022 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Department - All Rights Reserved