PIRA 4F30.20 Heat Cycles: Steam Engine
Click Your Web Browser's Back Button to Return to the Demo Master List.
Photo of University of Texas at Austin's Demonstration
Instructions / Notes:
- Demo Staff: The boiler needs to be refilled prior to each class.
- Use distilled water to fill the boiler to the half-way mark.
- Plug boiler into an electric outlet with a switch.
- After a few minutes open the valve to the flywheel.
- If engine fails to turn-over close valve and try again in a couple of minutes.
Last Updated 6/98 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Department - All Rights Reserved