PIRA 5D30.10 - Conduction in Solutions: Conductivy in a Salt Solution.
Photo Shows the Demonstration Apparatus Used by the University
of Texas at Austin.
Instructions / Notes:
- The demonstration includes a 120v lamp assembly with an open circuit
whose bare wires are immersed in a beaker filled with H2O.
- Table salt and a plastic spoon for stirring are also provided.
- The demo should be plugged into a table that has a power strip, which can be turned-off.
- When not in use, the power strip should be switch-off.
- The demonstration begins with the bare wires of the light bulb immersed
in distilled water.
- With a plastic spoon begin stirring in some table salt a teaspoon at a time and within a
moment the bulb will begin to glow.
- Demo Staff: the ring stand for this demo is a bit awkward to clamp to a table - but it needs to be done.
Last Update 9/16 - University of Texas at Austin - All Rights