PIRA 5D30.10 - Conduction in Solutions: Conductivy in a Salt Solution.
Photo Shows the Demonstration Apparatus Used by the University
of Texas at Austin.
Instructions / Notes:
- The demonstration includes a 120v lamp assembly with an open circuit
whose bare wires are submerged in water.
- Table salt and a plastic spoon for stirring are also provided.
- The demo should be plugged into a table that has a power strip that can be turned off.
- When not in use, the power strip should be switched OFF.
- Turn on the demo with the bare wires submerged in the pure water and observe how the lamp reacts. If the water is pure, the lamp should not glow.
- With the plastic spoon, begin stirring table salt into the water a teaspoon at a time and observe the lamp slowly begin to glow.
- CLAMP this demo to the table.
Last Update 2023 - University of Texas at Austin - All Rights