PIRA 5H40.10 - Forces on Currents in Wires: Parallel Wires
Photo Shows the Demo Apparatus Used by the University of Texas
Instructions / Notes:
- Two uninsulated wires hang from a frame and are connected to a low voltage, 25 amp, power supply.
- Current direction is controlled by an old-school, DPDT, knive switch.
- The power to the wires is turned-on via a , large, red, momentary switch.
- Wires will attract each other when both currents flow in the same direction.
- To Reverse the current flow through one of the wires, flip the large knive switch.
Last Update 2/20/2018 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept.
- All Rights Reserved.