PIRA 5K10.40 - Induced Current and Forces: Iron Core in Mutual Inductance
Instructions / Notes:
- An inductance device with primary and secondary coils.
- The primary coil is the outer solenoid and it is mounted to the board.
- A Galvanometer is connected to a secondary coil - which fits within the primary coil.
- A The iron core within the secondary coil is removable to allow comparisons - with and without a core.
- The Galvanometer shows a brief forward pulse when the knife switch is closed and then a brief momentary back emf pulse when the switch is opened.
Photo Shows the Demonstration Apparatus Used at U.T. Austin
Last Updated 11/13 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept.
- All Rights Reserved.