PIRA 5K30.40 Transformers: Nail Welding Transformer
Photo Shows the Demonstration Apparatus Used by the University
of Texas at Austin
Instructions / Notes:
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: This demonstration produces a lot of current at the output end.
- Demo includes a take apart transformer - which uses a 500 coil primary and a 5 coil secondary.
- The secondary coil uses two wire sized nails to close the circuit
- Input is approx. 120 volts / output is approx. 1.2 volts at high current.
- The nails need to be sanded clean before installing them into their holders.
Photo shows a closer veiw of the two nails on the nail welder
Last Update 11/07 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept.
- All Rights Reserved.