PIRA 5L10.10 - Impedence: Inductive Choke.
Photos Shows the Demonstration Used at U.T. Austin.
Instructions / Notes:
- Move the large knife switch in center of the circuit board to the AC
- The large knife switch is used to connect the massive 3 Henry coil to the circuit.
- With it closed in the AC position, the massive coil is connected to the circuit in series.
- Make sure that the small toggle switch under the capacitor is switched to the inductive choke position. (See the above illustration)
- A second toggle switch at bottom of the demo is used turn on and off the from the AC power cord.
- Move the core out of the coil to brighten the bulb.
- Demo Uses 60 Hz, 120 V, A.C current. Be cautious of what you touch.
Last Updated 03/2018 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept.
- All Rights Reserved.