PIRA 5N20.50 -Tesla Coil: Glowing Fluorescent Lamp
Photo Shows the Demonstration Apparatus Used by the University
of Texas at Austin.
Instructions / Notes:
- Demonstration includes a Tesla Coil Apparatus, a clear incandescent light bulb and a fluorescent light .
- Danger High Voltages Used. The leads to the primary coil use 15 KV.
- Turn on the power switch and adjust the voltage to the desired level.
- The clear incandescent bulb can be used to show a plasma/lightning sphere sphere.
- The fluorescent tube can be energized by holding close to the near field of the tesla's discharge pattern.
Last Updated 10/98 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Dept.
- All Rights Reserved.