PIRA 6F10.10 Color: Additive Color Mixing
Click on your browser's back button to return to the Demo Master List.
Photo of the Demonstration at the University of Texas at Austin.
Instructions / Notes:
- A projector lamp projects a red, green and a blue beam onto a wall.
- The device in front of the projector lamp is a Von Nardroff color mixer, circa 1960.
- The position of the 3 beams are adjustable by moving the lenses. Each circle should overlap by approximately 1/3rd in the center .
- The intensity of each beam is also adjustable by varying an aperature for each color.
- Ideally - Wratten filters #19,47, and 61 are used.
- Image below appoximates what students will see in class.
Last Updated 3/13 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Department - All Rights Reserved