PIRA 7A60.10 - X-ray and Electron Diffraction: Electron Diffraction
Photo Shows the Demonstration Used by the University of Texas
Instructions and Notes:
- Turn on the power supply.
- Alter the voltage to see how the concentric rings change in size.
- Do NOT increase the voltage past the line indicated on the gauge.
- This demo can also be used in conjunction with a magnet to show how the beam is affected by a magnetic field.
- Show how input voltage correlates to the momentum of the particle and the deBroglie wavelength.
- See how the diffraction pattern changes with input voltage.
Last Updated 2023 - University of Texas at Austin Physics Department
- All Rights Reserved.